Saturday, October 25, 2008

nkotb (finally) - because i am in need of some serious distraction


the chips and salsa aren't doing it. the shiner hefeweizen isn't doing it. and now i have just realized that i never really wrote about the Experience i had last weekend. maybe WRITING will do it. cuz holy shit (sorry non-swearers, but it's football - my censor button is off). this game (um, if you don't know, my beloved pokes are playing the hateful longhorns today.  we haven't beaten them in TEN years.) is only an hour gone and i am freaking out.

____________________

top ten thoughts 
(well i guess, mainly questions, but oh well, you understand) 
i had while attending my first ever nkotb concert 

10.  why would the concert promoters think that the 99.7 % female audience attending would find the wanna be rihanna/jamaican stripper to be entertainment?
and apparently, jessica and kelly are as perplexed as i was at this decision.


9.  my sister is kind and loving.  she stood in the lines of mass hysteria to purchase the shirt below for a "friend."  she even excused this claustrophobic blogger from standing in the line.  a giver, my sister is, fo' sho'.
well.  she said it was for a "friend," and i hate to doubt her, but really.  look at that excitement.  it's got me wondering if this is stuffed into her closet.  behind the hanson shirt, circa jan.

8.  i would pay to see natasha bedingfield in a solo concert.  she was the second "opener" and really was a lot of fun.  the doubt i experienced with the selection of the jamaican stripper previously in the evening waned as i danced and sang to "unwritten" with all of the other 25+ year-old ladies in attendance.  sadly, i have nothing silly to say about this. i enjoyed it.

7.  why can't i dance like this?  and why can't i have silver shoes like joey?

6.  well, okay joey, since you asked so nicely and in such sweet falsetto, i won't go.


5.  do i know this person?
why yes, yes i do.  (i may or may not have been in her wedding.) and she appears to be quite excited about this concert.

4.  is donnie still hot?  yes.  dude the boston accent does something to the female species.  is he as hot as his brother.  um.  no.  c'mon.  could that even happen?  and also, do you think i should have asked donnie if i could borrow his outfits for "bling day" at school this week?  (none of my pictures accurately show just how sparkly his outfits were.  and they were.  very.)


3.  was danny there?  oooh.  and more importantly, can joey still fit into his smiley face jacket?

yes.  danny is the one in the white muscle shirt.  he break-danced for us.  i'm not gonna lie.  it was kind of sad.  but we appreciated the effort and screamed and cried with the 50,000 other chicas in attendance.  and joey and the jacket?  well.  kinda?

2.  just how many pregnant chicks were at the last nkotb concert in 1990?  just how many were at the concert last weekend?  (check out the girl just to the left of joey's head in this picture.)


i don't suppose we will ever know, but my novice statiscal knowledge says about 23% of the crowd was knocked up.  including one of my crew.  yay missy!!!  (see picture in #5.)

1.  was it worth it?  um.  yes.  it really was.  have i forgiven my mother for not letting me go when they played t-town when i was 12?  well.  i'm working on that.  if m.c. hammer and vanilla ice do a reunion tour and i have the chance to dance along to "you can't touch this" LIVE, then i think all will be forgiven.  but yeah.  back to the concert.  other than the last 15 minutes when my severe cold reared its ugly head and i couldn't breathe so i had to leave before they did "the right stuff" and "hangin' tough," i had a blast!  and i wasn't really sure going into the evening what to expect.  i was kind of a-feared that the nkotb would take themselves too seriously, but you know what?  they didn't.  which totally made the whole experience just, well, fun.
and worth waiting for, well, "forever."
____________________

okay.  so.   it worked.  i was distracted enough for the second half that i didn't work myself into a tizzy.  we lost.  BUT.  we still played ut better than ou did.  and MUCH better than mizzou did.  so yeah.  domination?  didn't exist today, my dear longhorn friends.  and you know what?  i'm okay with that.  even though it would have been KILLER if that last pass had made it.  just sayin'.  oh well.  when we beat you next year - in stillwater - it will be even better, since, you know, i will be there with my SEASON TICKETS.  yeah.  just decided.  i'm getting me some next year.  t. boone, you worked your magic on me.

alrighty.  it's senoritas and margaritas night.  jealous much?

4 comments:

mlindenau said...

Yea! I am your first commentor. I just have to say that you are a nerd/freak/goober, but we love you anyways!!! And UT is not my friend!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, this is the first time I have commented on your blog, or anyone's for that matter, I think.

So I never knew I could actually feel like I had been to a concert without actually going!

I may be 40+ but I love Natasha!

Great blog!

Sorry about the pokes!

Maybe you can come to KC again soon.

Teresa (AKA too lazy to make a blogger identity)

Anonymous said...

#1: Internet, the T-shirt was for a co-worker. Believe me! And,the Hanson t-shirt was a strange Christmas gift...in addition to an Alan Jackson tree ornament. My family likes to make fun of me. :)

#2: Sister, thanks for taking me to NKOTB! It was so great. I want you to post your video!

sarah said...

melissa - thanks? you are mean to me, but i love you anyways. thank you for commenting and reading.

teresa! - thanks for the sympathy. it was a big dream, but it's also one i'm sure i'll see accomplished in my lifetime. the beating of UT anyway. and if natasha comes to KC, GO! it was so fun! i hope to be up there sometime . . . just waitin' for jan to get herself knocked up so i have even more of a reason to visit. ;)

jessica - addressing the internet as if it is a person? wow. i'm so proud of you. and you need to quit spreading lies about the family. also, you are welcome. glad it turned out to be so much fun!