the 30 week challenge. that is what missy and i are calling it. we both have quite a few things in our lives that we want to change . . . some physical, some mental, some spiritual, some financial, and all of the rest. but daily life gets overwhelming sometimes.
now. sometime later this week ima gonna write me a gratitude post. or maybe a couple. but one of those posts is definitely going to explain why i am so thankful for a friendship like the one i share with missy. and trust me. it involves a lot more than my fascination with her ability to throw the term "titty baby" around like it's nothing, although, if i am being honest that might just be why i decided she had to be my friend!
last january at missy's shower for benjamin!
she - obvs pregnant. and supercute pregnant!
me - about 20 pounds ago. still a ways to go!
for tonight, though, let me just take some time and explain the 30 week challenge. because like it starts now.
the purpose is multifaceted, yo. weekly goals don't seem so daunting. obviously there are some things each of us want for ourselves and the people around us by the time this "quest" is over, so yes. there is a BIG PICTURE. but you've got to take smaller steps to get there sometimes, right? right?!
um, we are teachers. we totally believe in rules. duh. but since we are GOOD teachers, we totally believe in as few rules as possible wherein we can still get our point across and don't have to have an entire wall filled with poster board stating said rules. (sorry. just had a flashback to my first classroom.) so. as good ol' harry wong suggests....here are our fast five.
FAST FIVE OF THE 30 WEEK CHALLENGE
1. every sunday, post 3 to 5 goals for the week. 1 goal MUST have to do with getting physical. 1 goal MUST have to do with eating habits. the rest can be as deep and philosophical as we want. or they can be totally shallow.
2. at the end of the week, if all goals are met, deposit 10 bucks in the piggy bank.
3. when it comes to eating habits, we are allowed one cheat day a week, if needed.
4. if a cheat day is not used, deposit 2 to 3 extra dollars in the piggy bank.
5. communicate and be reflective. we will be doing that publicly on this here blog, as well as lots of email and chatter between the two of us on a daily basis....which is really nothing new, now we've just got more to talk about!
yeah. so there is money involved here. the ultimate goal is that by the week of june 7th - the end of this 3o week challenge - the two of us will have saved enough money to reward ourselves with a fun girls weekend. just in time to celebrate being out of school.
and our new hotness.
forgive me missy, but this picture always cracks me up
and now i actually have a reason to post it!
normally, goals will be posted each sunday....this week we'll post monday!