so thanks for participating in the voting in round 1 - if you did. if you didn't, um, i kind of think you suck. :) but not really.
it looks like choice A won out. it also looks like i will never be able to share a SECRET with my SISTER without FEAR of her announcing it on the internet. FOR THE WORLD (i.e., our mother) to see. there is no tattoo. she is mistaken. i was just TALKING. geez.
round 2: shiny stuff
(vote in the comment section, again!)
so the paranoia in texas is annoying this week. such paranoia has found its ways into the halls of my school. lemmejustsay, the best part of teaching 8th graders when anything MAJOR happens in the news is that i get to hear them wax prophetic about the state of world affairs . . .
over the last few days i've been told these gems:
- i need to be careful not to get slime disease.
- you can only get slime disease from eating pork.
- the world needs to be helping mexico because the flu is in their water and we need to help them stop all of the diseases that regularly inhabit their country. (which lemmejustsay, poor mexico. they are taking the brunt of this. which REALLY sucks.)
- the euro is the mexican dollar.
- the government should just print more money and the depression or whatever or recession or whatever would just stop.
and i laugh at my kids and find them charming and tryyyyyyyyyyyy to set them strait. which, lemmejustsay (is that annoying yet? i'm hoping it is!) trying to convince a 14 y/o of anything if you are over the age of 19 is pretty much damn near impossible. that isn't obnoxious AT ALL. but also. i bet if we look at that list of information up there most of you could find someone in your life - friend or no - who pretty much has the same line of thinking.
26 more days until summer.