i've spent the weekend dog-sitting. including lucy, that means i've been in charge of FOUR dogs. to be honest (sorry missy) i was a little nervous about the combination of that many dogs and my meager amount of patience at this time of the year. luckily, all four pups have been bitten by the hibernation bug in much the same way as i have and they were quite content to snooze for the majority of the weekend. see that little spot between lucy and hunter up there? yep. that's where they allowed me to sit yesterday. i thought that was very sweet of them.
yet again, i've been reminded why i can never get cable. i wish i were one of those people with will-power, which would have enabled me to turn off the junk i've watched over the last 24 hours. but yeah. i don't have that. so instead . . .
- last night when i ran up to penney's/sephora and petsmart i was hit with a fear that stacy and clinton were going to jump out at me and kidnap me for what not to wear. sadly, last night, i would have had to agree with them as i was wearing a pair of cords that are two sizes too big for me (but yay! right?), a pair of summertime sneakers that really should find their way to a trash can, and a sweatshirt - decorated with a variety of dog hair - that i may or may not have slept in at one point this week. (hey. i planned to hibernate all day yesterday. my pajamas matched. leave me alone.)
- i tried to watch something educational, but instead got thoroughly depressed while watching the jonestown documentary on the history channel. (i did watch the whole thing and then, as is my habit, obsessed about it for the next hour and read and read and read stuff online about jim jones . . . )
- my escapism from the above compulsion: the real housewives of atlanta. holy cow. my fascination with this show ALONE is the reason i can't be a cable subscriber. i even re-watched an episode. to be fair, it was the episode that contains the clip below. and i laughed again, just like i laughed the first time i saw it. get to the last 20 seconds or so and wait for the question this kim lady asks and then the vocal coach's response.
- nene is now one of my favorite people EVER from a reality show.
- now i am embarrassed i've written an entire post about my tv watching habits for the last 24 hours.
-whatever. admitting the problem is the first step toward recovery, right?