Wednesday, November 5, 2008

grocery shopping

i don't know how i spend so much money at the grocery store.  this should be one of the benefits of not having to cook or prepare meals for anyone else, right? (ha!  i know that sounds funny for me to say, too.  poor, poor future family.)  cheaper grocery bills?  but seriously.  so much money.  each week.  and we won't even discuss the amount that gets thrown out because i try try try to eat fresh veggies - there is, though, only so much squash a girl can handle.

anyway.  for the second time in three days i ran to the store after i kicked the elliptical's ass at the gym tonight.  (side note: if you like to watch crappy reality tv - like america's next top model - but have a severe guilty conscience about watching such shows, watch them at the gym!  you totally don't feel AS guilty.  why did no one tell me this before?)  i had to go to the store because i was out of milk.  and as i was reaching for the milk, i twisted weird and hurt my knee.  fo' reals.  it is better now.  the throbbing has subsided.  but all i could think about was how i survived climbing up on that machine tonight and didn't fall once or bruise myself randomly, but then i showed up at tom thumb and hurt myself.  really?  when will i grow out of this awkward stage?  doesn't grace show up eventually?

and my point?  yeah.  there isn't one tonight.  

5 comments:

mlindenau said...

Grace does NOT come with age...I an example of that. And there is nothing wrong with ANTM!!!!

The Kilcoynes said...

So sorry about the knee!

sarah said...

melissa - thanks for the positivity. ;) and i am quite tickled that you watch antm - and ABBREVIATE it!

tiff - it's all better. seriously, i'm a wimp.

Poptart said...

I can totally relate to the ungracefulness! I'm a pro too!

Anonymous said...

saw my first antm episode this week in three years. it was a good moment.

godin