Friday, June 6, 2008

twinkle toes

so this morning i woke up (kind of late for me) and turned on the today show to be greeted by the screams of teenage girls.  ahh.  only one thing that could mean - the summer concert series has begun. and then i remembered the promos i've been seeing all week about chris brown kicking it off.  i have developed an affinity for chris brown the last two years mainly because the majority of my girls LOVE him.  i don't know if i can fully explain their passion for him, but know that it includes binders and lockers covered with his pictures, writing out the lyrics to his songs in their most creative lettering and passing them to each other, signing all of their papers with the addition of "AKA MRS. CHRIS BROWN."  so many of my kids can come across as hardened and overly mature that it makes me smile to see that sometimes being 14 is still just being 14.  so chris brown, i don't mind.

but watching him this morning i got a little jealous.  why can't i dance like that?  



which brings me to my new summertime fascination that reared its head last year and is back full force this year.  so you think you can dance.  yay!  the REAL stuff starts next week and i can't wait.  the amount of creativity and energy the dancers and choreographers have amazes me.    here are my two favorite performances from last year . . . just thought i would share.






No comments: