Sunday, June 1, 2008

pretending to be creative





for mother's day, i headed up good ol' i-35 to hang out with my parents.  my sister was the bad daughter that weekend and abandoned us to go to kc for a wedding shower instead of spending time with the family.  kidding!  (sorta.)  even without jessica's awesomeness, mom, dad, and i managed to have a pretty good weekend.  saturday afternoon, we spent some time at the okc farmer's market exploring the antique stores and the fresh veggies and bedding plants.  if you've ever spent time with dad, mom, or me, you know that any one of us could take up a good chunk of an afternoon doing any of these things . . . imagine our powers combined.  it was a day of new okc experiences for me.  we also had the BEST STEAK EVER (or at least this year) at cattlemen's.  i'd been there once before, in college, when i went with the entire town of alex, oklahoma before the state championship basketball game in 1997.  sadly, i think i was in my no red meat phase at that time and only ate a salad.  annnnnnnnnnnnyway.  all afternoon, i was entertaining myself with my camera.  yesterday in an effort to entertain myself and avoid the massive amounts of organization i need to do, i decided to mess around with some of the pictures and see what my new computer could do in the ways of making me seem more photographically inclined than i actually am.  here's what i came up with . . . 












and just for you aunt janet, a picture of the steak . . . 


1 comment:

Janet said...

No pretending - you are creative! I especially like the first pic! And thanks for the steak! Yum-oh!