Wednesday, June 11, 2008

so here's a shock. i'm a procrastinator.

i have company coming into town starting tomorrow evening. there is a lot to do to prepare for these lovely people, not the least of which is figuring out how to make it look like a golden retriever doesn't lounge around this apartment all day long. if i were creepy and distrubed, i could save all of her hair for one of these lovely creations. thankfully, i am neither. plus, it wouldn't be that useful to me as it never really gets that cold in tejas.

naturally, since i have so much to accomplish, i've decided my best line of defense is putting everything off as long as possible.  here are some things i have done in the last 48 hours INSTEAD of cleaning, laundry, de-lucying, etc.
  • looked up recipes for the weekend . . . seriously.  stop laughing.  i'm cookin' for these people.  i must really like them.
  • taught myself to play kasey chambers songs ("the captain," "bluebird," and "for sale") on the gee-tar.  you can too!
  • using these three songs and quite a few others, i had a mini-recording session playing with the garage band function on my new computer.
  • harassed cuz e, jtn, and cuz j on messenger way too many times and claimed to be bored.
  • sang along with the entire wicked soundtrack hoping it would motivate me to do laundry.
  • pool time.  obviously.
  • talked on the phone.  a lot.
  • agreed to be maid of honor for one of my favorite people ever.  (i would have said yes anyway, but the kicker was this group of words, "you can choose whatever dress and whatever color you want.")
  • became OBSESSED with good reads.
  • found three new blogs that i really really really really like and proceeded to read ALL of their posts.  (sarah, brittany, and matt.  warning.  the last link is a very sad and powerful blog.  i cried the entire time i read it.)
  • googled african swallows.
  • ran.  see.  i can be productive, too.
  • started (well, re-started, since i tried this last week and then couldn't walk for two days afterward) my 30-DAY SHRED.  grrr.
  • blue mesa.
  • read a crappy book.
  • started reading a fabulous book.
  • um.  wrote this blog . . . 
and now, zero hour is upon me.  

4 comments:

Jessica said...

i am upset with you for introducing me to matt's blog. granted, you warned me, but i didn't believe you. i am so sad i need a nap now.

sarah said...

jessica - at first i thought it was the blog you were telling me about, which is why i started reading it. yeah. i know. it's tough.

Anonymous said...

Tulsa Ballet is stalking you. :) Actually it is your sister who never posted a comment on the previous blog declaring me evil. 1) You are the first person who ever even told me about freakin' sephora.
2) Has anyone seen your bathtub and beauty product collection? Don't paint me out to be the hoarder (sp?) here...I guess my persnicketiness (sp?) just makes me like a few nice products. That does not equal evil.
3) I will see you this weekend! LYLAS. :)

Anonymous said...

So... I didn't know about THIS blog! I only knew about the other one. So sorry!

~Tiffany