Tuesday, June 24, 2008

supa' models


let's analyze this picture that cuz e emailed me last night.  

to the right we've got cuz e, who seems very unsure of whomever is snapping this photo.  in the middle we've got my little sis, ica, who is already practicing her "new york elbows."  she, too, does not seem comfortable with the idea of this picture being taken.  (i'm wondering what kind of torturing/bribing took place to get them to actually stand there and pretend to pose.)  you'd think if two people were not quite certain about the picture taking, then surely the third would catch on.  but nope.  i'm all "um, camera, look at me and my swwwwwweeeeeeeeeeet plastic charm necklace."

but seriously.  if you had that necklace you know you'd be posing with it, too, even if the background was the monkey cages at the amarillo zoo.  also.  check out my tan.  i started young, folks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever seen this picture. Am I wearing a bathing suit/dance costume? Plus, I never recall having that particular haircut...maybe that is your real sister since that was probably the age you convinced me I was adopted. Amd I prefer Erin's single strand of something compared to your eccentric jewelry. :)

sarah said...

ica - oh and hey. did you know bread crust tastes like strawberries?

The Kilcoynes said...

how fun!

Janet said...

Ahhhhhh... Those were the days! I don't know who took the photo either, but maybe it was Grandma B? Didn't E travel with the grandparents one summer to visit ya'll in Texas? Or did I dream that one up?

Jessica said...

i soooo rocked the plastic charm necklace, too. we were kindred spirits even then! i can remember going to jeanette's clothing store when i was in the fifth grade and hand-picking the one that i wanted. for some reason, i had to have the one with the baby bottle charm. for what reason, i have no idea. sadly, i no longer know where said necklace is. it would go well with keri's jean jacket.

sarah said...

tiff - glad you found this blog! :) thanks for reading. i promise i won't start any other blog projects. i'm capped out.

aunt j - i told erin that she and jessica were probably worried about the dirt or wild monkeys behind them, were annoyed with my overall slowpokiness, and just wanted the picture taken already. chances are i was having a hard time keeping my eyes open for the picture. you know, the sun and everything.

jessica b - i'm thinkin' we should totally see whether or not we can find our matching necklaces. although the matchy-matchy won't be so much fun since YOU WILL BE ON ANOTHER FREAKIN' HALLWAY NEXT YEAR. also. i think everyone should have a picture of mccarty's jacket in their head just to cheer them up whenever they are down.

Jessica said...

that's funny that you think my being on another hallway is the worst of your possible scenarios for next year, considering the new developments that occurred yesterday at s.s. my facebook status was not indicative of salad choices, my friend. at least i would still be in the same district.

but, i'll have to leave you hanging with that in such a public forum! ;) i need to call, but i feel like i've been the bearer of such sketchy phone info to you lately, i didn't want to continue that tradition...

Brittany said...

That is a sweet necklace!

sarah said...

brittany - i am quite sad that i don't know what happened to this obviously priceless piece of jewelry from my childhood. whatever will i pass on to my first born someday?