Sunday, June 8, 2008

new obsession, part deux - or why my sister is evil

warning - this is a very girly entry

so this is suppose to be the summer i "debrand" myself . . . i've mentioned this one other time, but have yet to accomplish it, or explain it, for that matter. hopefully, after my houseful of visitors this week, i will be able to get down to the business of said debranding. initially, i thought it wouldn't be a big deal to stop pouring money into the beauty industry. and maybe if i had started the process a month ago, it wouldn't have been a big deal. unfortunately, two things have happened in the last month. two things i will gladly blame on my sister.

1 - while living in nyc, ica started collecting various EXPENSIVE (like sephora expensive, not barney's expensive) bath and body products. (she says she got them from leftover goody bags from her job. yeah. right. i've seen this girl in action at sephora and anthropologie.) anyway. she has had the bliss vanilla and bergamot body buff for a while, which means i get to steal it when i visit.  well.  i finally went and bought my own (thanks, nana!).  I LOVE THIS STUFF.  just thought i would share . . . i have a really hard time not using it every day.  the one downside is that it doesn't feel fabulous on a sunburn.

2 - even though she was doing a kind thing in gifting me with kiehl's creme de corps lotion, ica may have awakened a sleeping monster.  i've never understood how people can pay more than $4 a pop for lotion.  vaseline and jergen's do a fantastic job, in my opinion.  but.  now i see.  i think i've already used half of the bottle of this stuff, which is not good because $4 a bottle it is not.


so the point is, now every five months or so BECAUSE OF ICA, i'm gonna HAVE to shell out a ridiculous amount of money for these two products because seriously, i don't think i'll ever be able to live without them again.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

love me some kiehl's. and, now, you too can get some at your local nordstrom. exciting times we live in, my friend.

i made you wait on me in sephora while i spent my birthday gift card on bliss products that time...do you remember that? yeah, their winter "snow" stuff...not a big fan. it dried me out instead of moisturizing. in a way, it was a relief. i did not need another sephora brand addiction.

i have come to believe that good lotion is a rare thing, and something that i will shell out the big bucks for. i have a plethora of watered-down crap under my bathroom counter that can be found at your local target or wal-mart. an empty lotion container is a sign of goodness, yet i rarely get to the end of one that is purchased from the local box stores. call me a "lotion snob"--i'm okay with that. looks like you're one, too, now.

sarah said...

well, i taught you to say nasty words. you passed on a love of over-priced cosmetics to me. symbiosis at its simplest.