Saturday, January 31, 2009

starbucks on saturday

today i went to starbucks to get coffee.  this is unusual for me on a saturday morning because typically i view a triple venti skinny latte with cinnamon (the real stuff, not that horribly syrupy shit that makes me sick) as a treat or relief during the week, i.e. i make a starbucks run when i MUST GET OUT OF THAT BUILDING.  usually, it helps me survive.  (seriously, yall, i like my job, but sometimes - and i'm sure everyone feels like this - those walls feel very tight and confining and on those days i NEVER feel guilty for using my planning period to run around in the fresh air...)

but this morning i have been up and running, so i decided to swing by.  i got my drink and actually remembered to read the quote on the side.  it is one of the best i have ever read off of a cup and it may, just may, be the best representation of my life philosophy.  i may have to steal it for a future resume or job application.  do you think it would be looked upon poorly to quote a starbucks cup when trying to get a new job?


___________________________

THE reason i am up and going today is that i got a call from haverty's at 8:30 that they would be at my door in 30 minutes . . . and they were!!!  so i've gots a new bed.  now i am feeling quite motivated to hang up all of the stuff on the walls in my place.  you know, all of that stuff i've had for like a year that is still just leaning up against furniture?  yep.  that stuff.  maybe by the end of the weekend it will look like i live here again.

not that you REALLY care, but here is my bed . . . and it is MADE.


here is the foot of my bed.  i don't quite know why.


and here is what my bed will look like on a regular basis.


3 comments:

Janet said...

That's a beautiful bed Ms. H! And I bet you are already tucked in!

sarah said...

thanks, yall. i've got three more things on my list to do decorating-wise and then i don't know what i'll do with my time.

aunt j - when are you coming to see me??? ;)

Brooke said...

I love the bed! Looks really cozy!