Monday, February 2, 2009

manic monday #2

maybe all mondays are going to be like this for a while . . . 

so here is this week's running mix.  my brain is tired, so even though i feel like i should maybe write more, i also feel like anything i write is going to sound somewhat stupid . . . 

so yeah.  the list.

  1. penny on the train track - ben kweller (who like at least 7 people told me to check out last year, but i ignored them and now i'm all, why did i ignore them?  since saturday, i've become OBSESSED.)
  2. the long way around - dixie chicks (this is off of their sassy last album and it is my FAVORITE song even though "not ready to make nice" got all of the attention.)
  3. think - aretha franklin (dude.  did you hear they want to put the hat in the smithsonian?  and she is still DEBATING?!  does she not realize her hat could be alongside the fonze's jacket and the ruby slippers and archie bunker's chair?  oh and yeah, some flag, too.)
  4. if i were a boy - beyonce (or sasha fierce?  i don't understand the title of her new album)
  5. devil town - bright eyes (nothing smart to say here.  just a damn good song.)
  6. shout out loud - amos lee (see above.)
  7. a long way to get - bob schneider (bob is hot.  why would i not include his tunes?)
  8. what a catch, donnie - fall out boy (i think this title sounds like a billy joel title, which is probably why i like it.)
  9. halfway home - jason mraz (from his live at java joe's cd.  if you don't understand the appeal of the mraz listen to this cd.  boy can sing.  and this song is the best example of it.)
i just realized i put nine songs that i like to sing along with all on the same playlist.  oh, the poor little old ladies that work out with me and who already think i am crazy for running are going to get a kick out of their nightly concert now.

oh.  and ben kweller.  this is the video of the song above.  it features his grandmother.  like really features her.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember that man running in Central Park? Your hero? :)

Janet said...

Love the video. I want to grow up to be just like her!

I need some new music on my ipod - think I'll check out some you've suggested.

Anonymous said...

I love that video! I have never heard of him but I liked the song. I may have to get it.

sarah said...

jessica - that blog is in the works . . .

aunt j - please tell me you got the beyonce song. (or any beyonce song) if we both practice enough we can torture e the next time we're all together.

micki - he is awesome! the entire cd is really, really good. perfect to listen to on a long plane ride to michigan. :)

Janet said...

Guess I'd better get back on itunes and download me some Beyonce! I did purchase the new Kelly Clarkson - "My Life Would Suck Without You" ! I know, I'm pathetic!