Monday, January 26, 2009

manic monday

it's been a day.  i'll just leave it at that.  such a day, that it's not even 7:30 and i've already been to the gym and am back curled up on the couch.  usually, i'm just now getting ready to head out, but i've decided sleep will be a necessity tonight to deal with the twitterpations of 7th and 8th graders (and their teachers!  yes, me included!) hoping for a "snow day" on wednesday . . . 

hey!  did yall notice the new changes on the blog?  i decided to go all white and use my favoritest colors (orange and green - duh!) more obviously.  the "old" look was almost a year old and it was time to retire the very cool masthead that jessica not the sister made for me when i moved the myspace blog out into the public.  since i am still completely ignorant in all things photoshop, this time i hit up cody to help me out.  i sent her the link to my new favorite website (yeah, i don't know where this started, but let's just say i can't wait until i've got more cabinet space...) and told her some of the patterns i really liked and she used her graphic design skills to  help me out.  so thanks friends!

_______________________

so i've decided that on mondays i'm going to start a new happening here on the blog called "music mondays."  really, this is for two selfish reasons: 1 - it will make me write at least one thing a week and 2 - since i'm planning to post my weekly running soundtrack, it will keep me motivated in that direction.  also, i've gotten very lazy with the musics lately and am not searching out new and good stuff.  so, um, maybe this will help?  i dunno.

okay.  i decided last week that i needed a new running playlist when it dawned on me that i was probably the only one in the gym running to old billy joel songs.  (and what?  i'm not apologizing.  it had just been about 6 months since i'd updated and i do love me some billy joel circa 1984.)  feel free to suggest any songs you think i need to include in my playlist for next week.

1. i try - ben taylor*
2.  girls just want to have fun - greg laswell 
3. paper planes - m.i.a. (there is another version of this on the slumdog millionaire soundtrack that is really great . . . just a little too long for my playlist)
4. heartless - kanye west
5. my life would suck without you - kelly clarkson
6. hate that i love you - rihanna and chris brown (rihanna is always on my list.)
7. get silly - v.i.c.
8. always be my baby - mariah carey (yeah, i totally had a flashback to high school and driving in jenno's car after school)
9. love lockdown - kanye west

* so the new genius on itunes suggested ben taylor's cover of macy gray's "i try" to me.  usually, i ignore those suggestions, but i'd always been curious about ben taylor (he's the musical spawn of james taylor and carly simon) so i fell for the suggestion.  i am SO glad i did.  check out the somewhat creepy fan video below.  i tried to find a good video of him singing, but 'twas not possible.  


1 comment:

Erin said...

I love the new masthead! :)