Monday, January 25, 2010

a and b

so yeah. i've got some new years resolutions. most of them revolve around the fact that i am *hopefully* going to be beach bound for a week in june. more on that later.

but randomly, i also decided that i want to accomplish two physical feats this year. hopefully by june, but whatever. and they are a) i want to be able to do AT LEAST 25 "real" pushups. and b) i want to be able to do a cartwheel again.

for the "a" goal this would be a big deal and would probably say a lot about how i'm doing on those other resolutions i mentioned in the first paragraph. i kind of have always felt bad about having no upper arm strength at all. yes. i know this is excused because i am lacking the y chromosome, but still. but then, one of my friends who is like crazy active and played sports her whole life told me that she can't do "real" pushups, either. oddly, that made me feel better, which in turn made me feel like i should take this on as a goal.

or something.

now the whole cartwheel thing? am i alone in this? at what point does one lose the ability to do a cartwheel? cuz, like, i use to do them all of the freakin' time. and then somewhere along the way - i'm gonna blame middle school - i just stopped. and lost the ability. and to be quite honest, now the thought of going upside down kind of terrifies me in a mild sense.

so i'm like throwing down some sort of gauntlet. to myself? is that how this works?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

25 pushups!!! Are you insane?!?!?! Real pushups? You are nuts! I can't even THINK about doing 25 FAKE (read - girl) push ups! Good luck to you! The cartwheel I can help you with!
MAL

Beth Morgan said...

I know what you mean. I saw my next door neighbor's daughter who is 10 doing cartwheels and I remembered that use to be me. When does someone stop doing cartwheels? It just kind of slips your mind after awhile, sadly enough. Good luck!