Wednesday, September 17, 2008

i-35 entertainment needed

i think that the reason a lot of people (me) became teachers is because they may be a little bit on the control freak side. so, when you are going to be gone for two days in a row and those two days happen to be a friday and monday one might say the control freak side of you might be getting a little stressed out.

so if you are one of those people (me) then perhaps you should do something to keep your neurosis at bay. lately my escapism has been making playlists for the trusty ol' iPod. this is not a fruitless task right now, either, since i will be spending a crazy amount of time in the car over the next four days. but this is where yall come in. i'm tapped out. i never thought i would say this, but i may be a little tired of singing rihanna songs at the top of my lungs while driving up i-35. it may be time to update the selections available itunes. YALL should help. give me some music suggestions. i feel like sending some more money steve jobs' way.

8 comments:

Erin said...

I have no suggestions. I'm in a music rut too. :(

sarah said...

boooooo.

Anonymous said...

um...i just read today that kate rusby has some new stuff out but i don't know if that will be great road music. that is all i got right now.

Jessica said...

if you were truly a control freak (like me), then you would have to ward off the temptation to do someone else's sub lesson plans for them today because deep down you would truly believe in their incompetence. but then your friend sarah would remind you that someone is uber-annoying and that there are no more free lunches.

we don't even remotely like the same music, so you don't want to hear my suggestions. :)

sarah said...

jessica #1 - oh kate rusby might be fun, but her last album was very, very, very slow. i need some peppy stuff that i can sing with. also, i just yelled at lucy and called her by your name.

jessica #2 - i would like to point out to the masses reading this blog that she is NOT referring to doing MY lesson plans for me. at least i hope not! and just because i was disturbed by/mocking your fascination with cold play and u2 doesn't necessarily mean you couldn't expose me to some good tunage. oh and i loaned that person all of my red books with worksheets so she could dig through them. not me.

The Kilcoynes said...

Okay... there is a pop-y, rock-y band called Superchik that is fun to sing at the top of your lungs while driving down I-20. It might work for I-35 also!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard Kate Nash. She's sooo good. I can't listen to her much because she curses quite a bit. I don't want my kids cursing even if it is with a cute British accent.

I also agree with the Superchick suggestion. They are awesome.

Joy

Anonymous said...

no, no, no. road trips are for the old school stuff. i'm thinking stevie wonder, jackson 5, maybe a little dolly.

Godin