Wednesday, July 9, 2008

dear "emo" kids at the pool

yes. you. don't you remember? you're the ones who didn't even come to the pool wearing swimsuits and instead jumped into the water (thus splashing everyone around you who was trying to bask in the glorious texas sun, i.e. MY BOOK, MY iPOD, and ME) wearing cut off shorts and white tank tops and your requisite stud bracelets and necklaces and chains and jelly bracelets stacked all the way up to your elbows. you're also the ones who must have just discovered how much fun it is to say a variety of F words at the top of your lungs so that people working at sonic a 1/4 mile away can hear you. you're also the ones who secretly have a hannah montana poster hanging in the back of your closet and know all of the words to SOS by the jonas brothers. ahhh. now you know i'm speaking about/to you.

yeah. hey. i just wanted to thank you for reminding me how short six weeks really is and what will be waiting for me at the end of those six weeks. i REALLY appreciate it.

-sarah, the chick who is probably going to be your english teacher next year.  lucky us.

________________________________________

so apparently this week is the week of letters?  not really my intention, but hey.  it works.


3 comments:

Jan said...

Ah, the emo kids. I too do not miss them. I asked for some black fabric from some fellow teachers one day and someone suggested I just line up all of my emo kids for a back drop.

sarah said...

jannie: um. that makes me laugh. :) and hey look. you COMMENTED.

The Kilcoynes said...

Wow! I think those same kids live over here, too!