Thursday, March 20, 2008

10 inches shorter in 24 hours

so yesterday, i was driving home from lunch with my friends and somewhere between north richland hills and bedford i decided that TODAY would be the day i chopped my hair off. i've been trying to hold out until the end of school for a couple of reasons. 1 - i figured a full out salon day would be a fun way to spend the dreaded 30th birthday. 2 - when i cut bangs earlier this school year, mis estudiantes flipped out . . . so i was kind of hoping to avoid the whole "they're staring at me" oddness. but, the sunshine yesterday infected my brain and convinced me that the chopping off of the hair had to happen NOW.

as soon as i got home i measured by pony tail again to make sure i had the 8 inches needed to donate to pantene's beautiful lengths program - i had 12! way more than enough. so this morning, i headed over to my favorite area in fort worth: camp bowie and found myself as the first appointment at shampoo. like many other things in my life, i can't commit to a regular hair salon. i've always wanted to try this place out and figured a new funky 'do was totally worth it. within two minutes of walking in, i was minus 10 inches of hair and then ally was off. i LOVE my new hair. (i'd post a picture here, but i'm not quite use to the idea of having my picture floating around in cyberspace.)

i will definitely be going back to shampoo for future hair cuts and colorings. i'd already pretty much decided that when ally figured out a way to fix the GREAT BANGS DEBACLE OF 2007-2008, but they sealed the deal when i tried to leave her a tip (great new cut AND no more sticky uppy bangs? well-earned tip, i'd say) and they told me, 'yeah, we don't accept tips here.' WHAT? how cool is that? (not that i mind leaving tips, but i always am so unsure of what to leave, so i end up leaving too much, which makes my hair cut crazy expensive.) they said, 'just tell your friends to visit us.' soooooo, that's what i'm doing: if you are in fort worth and need a salon, go to shampoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you are not leaving your picture, I will give everyone the sister thumbs up. It looks great. Maybe I will go there whenever I am ready to cut off my locks. Happy Easter Sister...I hope you have your gloves and bonnet ready like in the old days. :)

sarah said...

i do and i'm planning to take some posed pictures staring at my hands placed oh-so-lady-like on my lap.

good old days fo' sho'.

have fun moving!

Janet said...

The email fairy left a photo in my mailbox and you get the auntie thumbs up here too! Happy Easter!