Sunday, December 14, 2008

funk, not funky.


hey.  did you know christmas is right around the corner?  yeah.  my mind keeps telling me that, but nothing about my attitude seems to be reinforcing the information.  not like i'm being all grinchy and whatnot, well, i hope i'm not, anyway.  i just don't feel christmas, yet.  i also don't feel like blogging lately or like reading.  since all three of these are things i typically look forward to, i've been trying to figure out what is holding me back from breaking out the tree and wearing my jingle bell earrings (which are metaphorical by the way).

maybe . . . 

-it's because i was sick most of thanksgiving break and didn't feel very festive from the outset?

-it's because i couldn't find my emmylou harris light of the stable christmas album until this week when i discovered it in the wrong case?  i know to some of you that means nothing, but for me that album IS christmas, so without it, i apparently am not very yuletide-y.  it's been in constant rotation since i found it though, so maybe i'll catchup sometime soon.

-it's because it's been years since i got to go into laura ashley and look for my christmas dress?

-it's because they only let us sing 17 words of "go tell it on the mountain" today at church?

-it's because the semester doesn't really end on friday (we end in january) and most of my life has programmed me to fa-la-la-la-la at the end of the semester?

-it's because i live in tejas and we've only had two days below 50 in the last month?  (not that i'm complaining about THAT . . . )

-it's because lucy refuses to wear the santa hat i got her last year?

-it's because you can buy stuff like this at "respectable" establishments like borders . . . 


(yes.  that's glitter coating mary and joseph . . . )

none of these things are particularly serious, so i'm hoping that i move out of my funk and become more festive over the next couple of days.  if not for my own sake, then for the sake of all of yall who will get to bask in my presence here in the next few weeks.  ;)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Too many things to comment about! :) But now I have an awesome gift idea for you. I'm off to Borders now...

mlindenau said...

Oh joy.....the combination of you and Jeremy (Scrooge himself) sounds like a blast! :)

sarah said...

erin - do you want me to stop speaking to you?

lissa - I AM NOT SCROOGE! i'll move past this . . . probably about 3:15 on friday afternoon . . .

Poptart said...

I must admit, I've never seen a glitter Mary and Joseph before..

superawesomevillains said...

Obviously, the glitter Jesus and Mary statues are to appeal to the Puerto Rican market.